About Independent Financial Concepts Inc.
At Independent Financial Concepts Inc., we believe in comprehensive financial planning. Our purpose is to help you determine what your core values are and bring congruity between your actions and your values. Our expectation is to build a committed and open relationship with you over your lifetime.
What we believe:
- Achieving financial freedom involves maximizing your wealth. At Independent Financial Concepts Inc., we define wealth as integrating all of your resources - financial, emotional, physical, and spiritual- to live and walk out what is really important to you.
- Through comprehensive planning we can help you strike a healthy balance in the use and management of all your resources throughout your life.
- We believe that the level of communication between us will determine success. Financial planning is personal, so we often ask that you share with us some of the many things that you don't share with anyone but your family. All information is kept in the strictest of confidence.
- We believe in the value of synergy. A competent, healthy communication and exchange of ideas between all related advisers is essential to achieving the desired success for you.
- We believe that you should be as involved in your plan as we are. This means that we will often ask you for help in gathering information or talking with other advisers who may have this information.We believe that we should like and trust each other. If that ever stops happening, we believe our relationship needs to be reevaluated.
Our Planning Process
- We believe in integrating the five areas of financial planning - Asset Protection, Disability and Income Planning, Debt Management, Asset Management, and Estate Management. We believe all of these areas are integral to achieving financial freedom.
- We do not believe in timing the market. We believe that if your time horizon is greater than three years, you should accept some of the volatility risks of the stock market. For those needs that occur in less than three years, you should not accept this risk.
- We believe that an investment policy statement should be written and should be customized to your needs. It should describe your goals and discuss your risk tolerance.
- We believe that professional money managers provide results far superior to a client's or wealth manager's direct security selection and management. With rare exception, separate account management (including wrap accounts) is inefficient and expensive.
- We believe there should be a regular annual review of your situation to determine if you are continuing to move towards achieving and maintaining financial freedom.
How We Operate
- We believe that if we make mistakes, we must correct them. But first, we must know of them. Please talk to us so that we may do so.
- We believe in professionalism. All of our advisers are Certified Financial Planners and are expected to be active participants in our professional organizations. Continuing education is mandatory for all our professional staff.
- We believe that a competent and fulfilled staff is critical to execute our mission. We treat our staff with respect and ask that you would as well.
- We accept fiduciary responsibility. We believe that we are uniquely qualified to integrate the skills and talents of financial planning with investment skills, knowledge, and technology previously available only to large institutional clients, for the benefit of our clients.
What is Financial Freedom?
Financial freedom is the ability to manage ones resources now and in the future to be able to fulfill your core values and vision. This entails operating within your financial means - spending less than you make, getting out of debt and staying out of debt, putting money aside to provide income in future years and allocating surplus assets to create a positive impact on society (i.e inheritance, charitable giving, foundations etc).